Since posting the last anecdote about going to our concierge's house twice in the same week, I was reminded that I left out an amusing part of the story! It's my favorite part so I can't believe I forgot it.
So, while at their house on Friday (two weeks ago now), he remembered that he had a video camera and decided to get some footage of our first visit. We were excited because he was so excited. We waved, we said hello, we mimicked some words they wanted us to say, and we all laughed. Then, he liked filming so much that he continued recording our visit...for the next 3 hours! That's right, he whipped out the trusty tri-pod and got our whole stay on camera. It was rather awkward to eat with a camera in our face, especially once he decided the lighting was insufficient and plugged in his lamp to shine right on us...the whole time. We thought it was pretty funny...
THEN, we thought it was hilarious when we returned on Tuesday to find that he had burned the footage of our visit onto a disc and proceeded to put it in the dvd player to watch. So, there we sat in their living room, eating yet again while watching ourselves eat on the tv. It was quite amusing! He even burned us a copy to have of our very own. However, we can't watch it because it is incompatible with our computers. Sad, I know...if anyone has a VCD player, we'd be more than willing to share this precious dinner with you :)
We definitely do a lot of things for the first time over there. For instance, how many of you have washed your hands with Tide laundry detergent? Anyone? I asked if I could wash my hands and the sweet wife poured Tide in my hands...I had definitely never done that before! We are going back for dinner tonight - I wonder what will happen tonight :)
1 comment:
Wow! The experiences you 2 can have. :) I can just picture you sitting there, kinda looking at each other :} wondering what will happen next. (Hope tonight was fun) Maybe you'll see youself on the Big Screen in the near future. You're such good sports and I know they enjoy your company. Hope we can talk this weekend. Miss your smiling faces. ;) :)
LH&P, Mom
Post a Comment