Thursday, April 2, 2009

*Have You Ever*

Some of things we do here in our everyday life are things that I never would have thought I would ever be doing. A couple of these things deal with laundry. Have you ever consulted the weather before doing your laundry? How about your datebook??? Has it ever taken more than 4 days for your clothes to dry? These are things that have become a regular part of our lives here. If it's going to be rainy for the next few days, not worth it to do laundry because they will take too long to dry. If you are going to have company over, don't do laundry or they'll see all your skivvies. We have a wonderful washing machine. It lives in the kitchen and is so great. The normal cycle takes almost 2 hours to wash one load. Then, we hang the clothes in our office/spare room/laundry room. Sometimes I wash too many clothes for my clothesline and rack to support so I have to get very creative! There is an option to hang clothes on the roof. However, things have been known to walk away from roofs. Plus, our concierge is the only who has a key to our roof. We live on the top floor so it would be really convenient except that it would take 5 trips up and down the stairs or elevator to make it happen. On any given day, we can look out our window and see clothes out to dry everywhere. We stick to our method :) In the winter when we first arrived, things were literally taking about 5 days to dry because of the humidity and cold weather. However, I think I am going to enjoy summer laundry because it's only April and things are drying in 1 day! It's fabulous. 
Today we are going on a short weekend trip up north for a visa run. We will be back on Saturday with some great pictures I hope. I hear there is a Starbucks there but it seems that no one has found it. My mission is to find it...or at least find that it doesn't exist. Wish me luck!
(our internet stopped loading pictures so I'll post more when we return :) )

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Very creative! Way to go on being a good wife and getting that laundry done...no matter how long it takes! :)