Our trip is now over, our trip is now done!
Let’s get home, look at pictures, and relive the fun!
Oh no! Oh dear! Our boat arrived late…
The next train’s in 3 hours, we’ll just have to wait.
After lunch and some ice cream, and a nap on the beach,
We splurged on our train tickets, 1st class for each!
We hoped for a nap on the journey so long,
But lil’ did we know that we’d be very wrong!
Our cabin was full, there’s someone in our seat…
But our problems began with the sweltering heat!
The air vent was broken, the window screwed shut.
We’re just learning Arabic. I don’t understand…what?
The small baby is crying – she’s really so sweet,
But she’s hot and she’s hungry, I think it’s time to eat!
The mom’s not so modest, her skin is so bare.
With Paul in the room she still doesn’t care…
It’s hotter, so hot and we are just sweating still,
Finally we’re moving but we’ve already had our fill!
Then enters Heba…she exits again,
Then enters and exits … when will it end?!
Her mom pays no attention, maybe she’ll notice soon.
She gets up and she yells, then we see her full moon.
The two ladies and baby move to a chilled car,
Leaving us with mom and Heba… our house seems so far.
Then starts the kicking, the hitting, the noise.
We try to be kind and handle her with poise.
Her mom is just texting and pays little attention,
Does this train have a cabin for 3-year-old detention?
Don’t step on my toes…Hey wait! That’s my shoe!
A whole bag of Lay’s for dinner won’t do!!!
The train keeps on stopping, lengthening this trip.
Then a big sudden stop, and she chokes on a chip!
She’s choking right by me, the mom doesn’t realize,
This girl is not nice but this won’t be her demise!
I slap her on the back, nothing’s working just yet.
Then the chip finally loosens…how’d my hands get so wet?!
Then suddenly it hits me, I’ve seen these chips before.
She threw up all over me! We can’t take anymore!
I rush to the bathroom to wash up my hands,
I look down and there’s Heba…whom I don’t understand.
This bathroom is nasty, and where are your shoes?!
The toilet’s all yucky, the room full of ooze.
Our hot cabin now smells and we’ve had our limit
A wheelchair just sped by with nobody in it…
This train ride has been the worst of our lives,
We can’t wait for the station when it finally arrives!
Then finally we made it! Home sweet home at last!
Let’s just say we were safe and fell asleep really fast!
3 comments:
Laughing! Can't quite laughing! SUCH a cute and hilarious story! Props on the excellent rhyming. I loved it. Don't worry, I'll read it again soon. Isn't poetry such a great way to dispel cultural irritation?
Wow, that is good! A true test of calm for you two. Talk to you soon. Daniel.
Natalie - what a talent! We're not sure which we like better: the story first hand from you and Paul or your cute and amusing rhyme. Either way, you two are pros at turning unsavory times into great stories. Thanks for keeping us with that feeling of closeness. Love, Mom & Dad E.
Post a Comment