This past week, we experienced some of the hottest temperatures of the summer! One day, it reached 115 degrees! We were pretty miserable for a few days and made us feel bad for our friends who live down south with weeks of this weather. Fortunately, one of our American friends decided to celebrate her birthday at the beach. The water felt so nice - it was the coolest we had been in days! The waves were crashing in pretty hard so I didn't got in very far but it still felt nice.
These 4 guys were doing their best to impress the Americans. Not sure why, but they were showing off and having a great time. At one point, they did a 2 man monkey roll all the way into the water!






This week, Paul and I celebrated our THIRD anniversary! It is crazy to think that we have been
married for three years already! I definitely couldn't have chosen a better husband :)

Unfortunately for us, our anniversary fell during Ramadan...again! Last year (if you'll remember) we had Pizza Hut for our 'romantic' dinner at our swanky hotel in town. The next day, we got Cairo! This year, we didn't want to outdo ourselves too much so we had another 'romantic' dinner out - this time at KFC. It was either that or McDonald's! Paul got the special 'Ramadan Meal' consisting of dates, traditional cookies, chicken sandwich, mashed potatoes (without gravy), and a bowl of chicken broth. It was a funny meal! Instead of Cairo this year, we found out that we will be welcoming a baby girl in January! We are stoked! Our anniversaries may not be conventional or super romantic, but they're definitely memorable! We've decided to really celebrate our special day this week in Paris - my dream vacation! Stay tuned for pics from this adventure :)
Baby Girl Evs Update:
21 Weeks down! We've come almost 6 months in this baby journey so far. It's been great with

no major complaints! I think this week is one that I am more convinced I look pregnant! We loved getting to see our little girl this week on the ultrasound. She was being such a stinker though and kept her face well hidden with her little hand! At least we know she has 5 fingers! The doctor said we are both doing well. The baby is at a good weight but she wants me to gain a little more - strange thing to hear!

Baby Girl Evs is the size of a banana - or about 7inches long. At the appointment she weighed about 400 grams or 14 ounces. She is now developing taste buds and can begin tasting whatever I eat through the amniotic fluid that she swallows. I guess I better load up on the vegetables so she'll like them more than I do! For now, I'm enjoying the subtle kicks that she sends my way. I'm interested to see how strong she'll get in the weeks to come! (this bottom picture is of her leg and elbow, touching)

5 comments:
Congrats all around on the anniversary, trip to Paris and baby girl. And personally, I think the random anniversary celebrations are the ones you remember most. And good call on where to eat. I like to think KFC is much classier than McDonald's.
happy anniversary! and happy adoption anniversary to Cairo! love you guys!
Beautiful Mama! :)
Hope to see that belly (and you and Paul) in person come Thanksgiving...will you guys be in town? We will, and would LOVE to see you guys!
Love you, love the pics and love the idea of seeing you and hugging you all in 35 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy anniversary, dear friend. We tried to go to Pizza Hut for our first Valentine's Day here but the place was way too packed. I didn't even know they celebrated Valentine's Day in this country! Looking forward to Paris pics.
Post a Comment