December 4 - 10, 2011
Well, another week has passed and we are loving every minute with our sweet, sweet baby. She'll be 11 months old tomorrow - I've already started plans for her birthday party! Crazy. Brooklynn continually reminds us that she is quickly growing out of 'baby;' but then I remember that she never really was very baby-ish. She has always been quite the go-getter and always so attentive and curious. This update will be heavy on the videos but I didn't think our family readers would mind :)
- The dancing continues and we find ourselves constantly dancing around. We have gone to 2 parties this week and Brookie's dancing skills were showcased at both. She seems to be quite the ham at this point and doesn't mind lots of attention :) Her new move occurs while sitting down and resembles the chicken dance. Watch closely for the movements. Here's a video of the dancing I've been able to catch on camera:
It is even more adorable in person! I always knew she'd be a dancer - check out this video we took at our 13 week ultrasound. Watch around the 1:00 mark to see her uterine jig!
- As the temps continue to fall and the storms keep a-comin', we find ourselves bundling up tight when we go outside. Brooklynn's first encounter with this puffy coat was hilarious. She thinks she can't walk...or even stand up...when she is all bundled up!
- Brooklynn attended her first Christmas Party on Friday night at the BSU. She had a great time playing with her friends (a few friends in town also have sweet little girls that are close to her age). They spent the entire evening playing with balloons.
- Brooklynn played with her first balloon and LOVED it!
- She has learned to run. She is beginning to enjoy being chased and tries to run away real fast. However, she also does it when she has a 'no-no' (like the remote) that I want her to give me. Turkey :)
- She learned to say 'No-No' at Thanksgiving but hasn't said it much since...until this week. Every time I say it, she says it back to me. I also heard her say it a few times when she tried to get something she's not allowed to have (again, like the remote). Genius I tell ya.
- Cabinets are easy to open now and are also super fun. Last week, she found the cabinet containing ziploc baggies. She had a ball emptying the boxes but it allowed me to finish the dishes so I let her play. Unfortunately, the cabinet also contained the fire extinguisher (mama fail) and she pulled the pin. This was a first experience even for me as I tried to put the pin back and sprayed the cabinet with the extinguisher. Bummer to clean-up...
- And finally, it sounds a bit dog-like, but Brooklynn has learned to sit. I tell her to 'sit down' for various tasks throughout the day (in the shower, reading a book, getting socks on...) and now, when I say 'sit down,' she immediately sits on the floor without any cues. Precious.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Check back in a couple of days for more photos.
2 comments:
Love. Love love love. Makes me smile. My favorite video was where she was "running" from Paul. :) So cute. And I don't know where she would get a love of dancing from! Crazy!
Can't wait to see you guys!
Soooo cute!!!! Love the little laugh and can't wait to see you all in person for Christmas.
Post a Comment