Tuesday, July 15, 2008

- Knit Nat -

I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July. Paul and I had a great day ourselves. We had a picnic at a local park called Young Park. It was really pretty and fun!
















Then, we decided to go watch the city fireworks. We weren't exactly sure what time they started but we had heard from numerous sources that it was either 9 or 9:30. So, at 8:30 we sprayed ourselves with
bug repellent and went up to the dam behind Target for a great seat. Well, 9 o'clock rolled around with no fireworks...then 9:30...10 o'clock, still nothing. We were just about to leave at 10:30 when they finally began the show. It made us miss the Farmington show because it is so well put together with the radio broadcast and everything. Oh well though, the actual fireworks were still cool!








































As ya'll may know, I (Nat) like to knit! My sisters like to tease me about it and say that it's a grandma hobby but I think it's fun to create things. From this hobby, I have heard a few name like granny...but my favorite has to be Knit Nat (Thanks to Kim & Mel). So anyways, my parents...oh wait, my mom (sorry Dad, I almost blew your secret)...taught me how to knit back in high school. I wasn't very good at it but it was fun. My freshman year of college, I began knitting this blanket for the Red Cross. My mom heard that if you knit these squares and make a blanket they'll give it to someone who needs one. Well, five years later, my blanket it finished!!! I finished it last week and am so excited to go donate it!!! I think it turned out pretty good; although, I could definitely tell which squares I knitted at the beginning!!!


















I was really jazzed to be done ok!























We get a daily visitor in our house. Colosse the turtle thinks that she needs to be in the house everyday. I guess she gets hot and needs the AC...or it's because she gets food when she comes in. We leave our back sliding glass door cracked to vent the air when it's on. If it's open wide enough (even when it's not), Colosse hurries over to work her way in. She gets both feet in, turns sideways, and wiggles in until....success! She's made it!
It's really quite cute!



















We also have 2 residents on our front porch. There are two geckos that hang out by our front door, catching the delicious bug cuisine that we provide by our porch light. This gecko and his friend come out at night to feast on the bugs and then scurry super fast into their cinder block house. They're funny!

Speaking of visitors, we had some very welcome guests with us this weekend. Paul's parents came up to spend time with us and we had a lot of fun. We went shopping, ate at Ono Grinds and Uno's, and did a little condo maintenance.





They even bought us a new fridge! We were super pumped. Our old fridge still works but it was missing a few shelves and was getting pretty old...it also made weird squealing noises sometimes. The new one is so great. It has so many shelves and cubbies - so fabulous! Here is the comparison:








































And the new fridge with the new storage. Ain't she a beaut?!

Thanks for blessing us this weekend Roger and Denise! We hope you had as much fun as we did!!!!





No comments: