Tuesday, July 14, 2009

~Paging Dr. Pepper~

While we were in Spain, I went on an intense search for Dr. Pepper (or Cherry Pepsi/Coke...either one would do). So, I began constructing sentences in my mind on how to ask for these long lost drinks. It was a very strange thing for us to go from having "hanuts" (like a small 7-2-11) on EVERY corner to not being able to find a convenience store at all in Europe! We got various responses that kept sending us here and there looking for just a small store to buy a soda. The next place we found to ask happened to be a pharmacy so I decided they might know. Before going in, Paul asked me what I had been telling people. My fabulous sentenced translated as this: "I am looking for Dr. Pepper. Where is the place to locate?" Paul started laughing and told me it probably wasn't a good idea to go into a pharmacy looking for Dr. Pepper! I wonder if everyone thought I was asking for a person because the directions they gave us did lead near this pharmacy... From then on, we decided to just ask for the store where we could buy drinks. The pharmacy lady thought we wanted alcohol so needless to say we didn't find a store to buy sodas - but if you're looking for alcohol, there is a ton of places to go! 

I was bummed and settled for a Sprite at the airport. However, the next weekend we attended a Fourth of July party at the American school in our town. The embassy planned this fun party for all the Americans to celebrate the holiday and it turned out to be really fun! And guess who was at the party?! Dr. Pepper!!!!







Upon arriving at the party, Paul decided to run around in the
 beautiful green grass!!! It looked so welcoming and pretty! He kicked off his sandals, grabbed a soccer ball and proceeded to play with some friends. Unfortunately, there were a ton of bees lurking in the clovers in the grass and he immediately got stung on the foot :( It was literally less than 5 minutes after we got there. He used his Root Beer to calm the burning. There was a paramedic on duty who checked his bee sting out...then told us that if he got stung 4 or 5 more times to come see him. Paul said if he got stung 1 more time he was out of there! We are happy to report that his foot is feeling much better now! Even with his bee sting though, Paul was able to play more soccer and even a little baseball! 



Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!!!

3 comments:

Blake said...

Great pictures!

Kimberly said...

So after I read this post and then re-read the title, I started laughing out loud. You are so clever. :) Very funny. "Paging Dr. Pepper."

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally found the right drinks and got to play the "boys-of-summer" game. Pretty fun sounding.