With the beginning of June comes the beginning of SUMMER!!! This means 2 things for us: the start of Blazin' Hot Weather; and the arrival of Summer Groups here in the city! The summer groups are highly enjoyable while the hot weather is not as welcome in our eyes. Today, Paul, Cairo and I took the summer group out to show them a little of the city...and to keep them awake after their 30+ hours of travel this weekend! And let me tell ya, it was hot. I always like a change in weather but I'm already for it to change back - I know it's only going to get worse. In light of these increasing temps, I decided to give you a lesson in hats. Hats are great for blocking the sun, keeping your head cool and they can be very stylish. Here are a few examples of hats that can be found in our city:
A: The baseball cap over the head covering. Just because you cover your head, doesn't mean you can't also block the sun.
*Sorry for the bad photo quality. This was taken through the train window to be inconspicuous.
B: The stylish plastic sack while selling veggies look. I'm still contemplating the purpose of this hat...the only conclusion I can make is that he thought it looked cool.
C: The create-a-hat-from-leftover-cardboard look. When you're in need, Improvise!
*Take note of both styles on the men in this photo.
D: It is also appropriate to fashion coverings for your car in the hot weather. Who needs those fancy car covers when you have cardboard laying around?
Well, there's your lesson in hats. Keep cool this summer :)
2 comments:
haha! i miss the cardboard hats, they are my favorites!
Very informative! Thank you for the wonderful ideas for keeping cool this summer!
Post a Comment