**I'm not sure why only half of the videos are visible on the blog screen. For now, if you click on the title of the video it will route you to the video on youtube.com where the whole video screen is visible. I'll work to figure out the problem...sorry. **
I haven't mentioned Cairo much in the last few posts so I thought I would catch you all up on the life of Cairo. Contrary to what she may think sometimes, she lives a plush life for a dog in Africa! She is now over 1 year old and still has a ton of energy. This means that she wants to play all. day. long. We have 2 favorite things to do in order to wear her out: 1) take her to run at the beach; 2) play her favorite rough-housing game. Below you will find 2 videos of each of these activities.
We LOVE taking her to the beach on Friday mornings. We have found this day to be the best because it is the holy day & everyone takes it easy. Beach days involve catching a taxi at 6:00 AM (when it's cool, no traffic & the taxi-drivers are willing to have dogs in their cars), running in the sand, frolicking through the water and then walking home because we are all too wet and muddy to get in a taxi.


As for Cairo's rough-housing game, Paul wraps his arm in one of her blankets and Cairo attacks him for as long as she can - much like a police dog! She absolutely loves it and gets so excited when Paul begins wrapping up his arm. I'm apparently not rough enough because she refuses to play it with me.
This last video shows just how crazy she is sometimes. I took this video of her after she had a bath and she was going nuts! I'm surprised she wasn't barking up a storm but it still shows her fun personality :)
In other Cairo news, we finally got her a new crate! This is the one we had our local friend make
when we first got Cairo. She has since slightly (Ok, really) outgrown it since and we needed an airline approved crate to get her back to America with us.
This is what we found: (If you look closely behind the crate door, you can see her old house which looks super small compared to this one!)
Ain't she a beaut?! It only took 4 trips to the store, 3 months, and more phone calls than I care to count to get this thing in our hands...and it's not even the one we ordered! The company apparently didn't have the one we wanted (and no, it wasn't our Arabic's fault) so they sent this one that is slightly bigger. But, she'll be riding in classy comfort on the long flight back. She seems to like it already and has no problems going right in when we say "Cairo Kennel"...as long as there's a treat involved! :) She'll do ANYTHING for peanut butter and chicken. She also told me to tell you she can't wait to meet everyone in America in October!
3 comments:
Well, I think you can add RABBIT to her possible breeding heritage. Too cute. She will surley miss the beach but there will be lakes and friends to go with. :) Thanks for sharing. I especially liked the laughing dog-dad. The crate looks good. She will be comfy!!!!
Pete and Aspen can't wait to meet their cousin! :) Cute videos. Thanks for sharing!
Our dog spazzes out right after a bath too. I don't know why that is. So are y'all coming home for good in the fall or just for a visit?
Post a Comment