These last 2 weeks have been busy ones in our lives - much like the rest of the summer for us! Our 2 summer groups were finishing up their times here and we were busy helping them with last minute things.
On Tuesday night, I went to a play with the summer group because they knew the performers. It was a fun experience even though we couldn't understand much of what they said -
who knew they would speak in Classical Arabic? Needless to say, we didn't catch the meaning of the play and are still wondering why they tied these dolls around their waists...
Paul and I gathered up some of our belongings to send home with Bethany. This will help
lighten our load and make our lives easier in October as we make our way back to America with Cairo. As we were packing Beth's suitcases, Cairo started getting a little nervous and climbed into this bag while we packed. I guess she didn't want us to forget about her! She remained nervous the rest of the week until she figured out that Paul and I weren't the ones leaving! Thanks for taking our stuff with you, Bethers!
Before their departure, we took the Focus kids to a nice dinner and sightseeing down south. It was a fun last few days. We then took the them to the airport early on Friday morning (4 AM!) and heard that they arrived in America with all their bags. Yes! Now, Paul and I are resting up this weekend from many late nights and early mornings!
Baby Evs Update:
Friday marked 15 weeks for this little bun in the oven. I think I'm starting to look a little more pregnant and less chubby now and I'm feeling great. I have been having baby dreams though. Last night I dreamt that Paul and I had forgotten to get married so we planned to have a ceremony just after the baby was born. We had a girl, I dressed her in hot pink, and walked down the aisle with her as though she was my bouquet. Kim was still the maid of honor so she held the baby during the ceremony, then gave her back when it was over - just as you would a bouquet of flowers. It was strange. Luckily, I woke up before the reception happened so I didn't have to decide what to throw to the single ladies! It took a few minutes after I woke up to remember that we are having a baby and have indeed been married for almost 3 years! We have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday - probably no ultrasound this time but I'm trying to convince Paul that we need to schedule one in a couple of weeks to find out if it's a boy or girl!

Baby Evs is now about the size of a naval orange or 4-5 inches in length. He/She is beginning to practice breathing, sucking and swallowing in preparation for life outside the womb. The ears have migrated to the sides of the head (more to the proper position), the eyes are moving to the front of the face, and he/she can wiggle fingers and toes. Cute! I can't feel anything yet but I'm looking forward to the day that happens!
1 comment:
great post! those crazy thespians always pushing the boundaries with their babies roped around their waists. what will they think of next??!!
cody
Post a Comment