Sunday, March 20, 2011

- Shots, Guests, and Parties -




This was a hard week for Brooklynn! Luckily babies don't remember things for long because this is a week she'd probably like to forget. After turning 2 months old last week, Brook had to get her first round of shots. Poor little baby girl! She got many immunizations in 3 shots. She did great at the doctor with just a few minutes of screaming! She was even smiling and visiting with us and our guests that evening. She only seemed to be in pain that afternoon after not moving her legs while she napped. Thankfully, she didn't even get a fever or anything!

Also at her appointment, we found that she weighed in at 11.4 lbs (70%) and measured 21.25 inches (10%)! We have a short little gal but definitely healthy!!!




Then, on Friday, Paul and I took her to get her ears pierced. I think it was harder to restrain
her than to watch her get them pierced! As you can see in the photo, we drew quite the crowd as people realized the baby was getting earrings and not me!
She took it like a champ though and only cried for a few minutes. By the time I was went to pay she was already giving Paul some sweet grins. Her ears haven't seemed to bother her a bit. It seems like the Tylenol does more harm than good for her. She stays up with it and I think it gives her a tummy ache. I think we're done with Tylenol for a while...














This past week also brought a lot of guests our way. 2 of Paul's relatives stopped in for a visit right after Brooklynn's shots. I was worried that she would cry for them since she was hurting but she was being her sweet little self!
In addition to Paul's relatives, our friends from Oklahoma came to visit on Spring Break. We
enjoyed our time with ya'll, Lindley's!


Then, Auntie Beth stopped in to re-meet Brooklynn (she was at the hospital but hasn't gotten to see her since). We hung out with her for a little bit and look forward to her return this week!


To wrap up this busy week, I helped throw a baby shower for our friend on Saturday. She and her family are adopting a sweet little gal from Ethiopia and they are just weeks away from going to get her! It was a fun shower and so joyful knowing that their long process is finally coming to fruition as their little girl is about to come home! Brooklynn joined me at the shower, of course. This baby is sweeter than I could have imagined! For the party, I made this cake and cake pops. I had seen the cake pops on one of the many craft blogs that I read (so fun!) and couldn't wait for a reason to make them! They turned out better than I thought they would and were so delicious!

Better get to bed. I have a busy day of laundry and house work to catch up on tomorrow :)














2 comments:

Kevin and Becky said...

Why should I be surprised that you had your wee little girl's ears pierced! At least you held off on the nose... Seems like things are going well for you guys. Your cake pops look much better than my bread bowls did. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Just exactly how did you get the second piercing done? Thot it would have been a simultaneous type thing. ;} Anyway, she looks so, so cute and we can't wait to get our hands on her again. (and see her Mom and Dad too) Thanks for sharing pics of her life events. Love, Grammie and Grandpa