This past week has been one of rain for us on the East Coast. We heard that it would rain while we were here so upon arrival, I bought an umbrella. We woke up last Tuesday morning and it was drizzly and gloomy outside. So, as we do every morning, we got ready for 'school' and headed to breakfast. We were so excited to try out our new umbrella - it's one of the new automatic designs that when you push the button on the handle it opens and closes! Well, to our dismay, it didn't open. Here is Paul being a fabulous husband and holding the umbrella open for us.
Not too handy if you ask me! Needless to say, I bought a new umbrella at Wal-Mart the next day! :)
The rain has been great - mostly because it gets pretty warm when it rains here! We have been loving the warmer weather...and the sunsets for that matter! They have been so gorgeous lately!! This is what we saw on our way to dinner last week:
It was an incredible sunset. Then, we turned around and saw a huge, double rainbow!!! We weren't able to get the whole thing because it was very large. Here is half of it...much better in person, I must say.
Our friends John and Dana came to town for a visit. We borrowed a car and ventured into the city for dinner. It was a great time!!! Thanks for hanging out with us!!!

And last of all, the most exciting moment of the week: We graduated from ESL Training class!!!! We got certified to teach ESL this week and we are so thankful...we are also thankful that it is over! It was two long Saturdays of full time class - but we learned how to help others

speak English.
This week, we did an exercise using goldfish crackers...it helped us become proficient in pronouncing the 'th' sound as in 'thigh' and 'think.' We had to put a goldfish on our tongue and make it fly by saying 'think' or 'thigh.' Paul was real good at it...my goldfish didn't fly so far...boo! I guess he'll have to do the 'th' lesson from now on :)
Have a great week!!!
4 comments:
You've read the goldfish post from the SCL blog right? Way to represent.
Thanks for the newsy news! I'm missing you! Glad to know you are learning some helpful and fun stuff, well, atleast helpful, right?
love ya
You guys are too precious! The pictures are beautiful...I'm so proud of you two...can't wait to see how God is going to continue to use you both to show others His love!! I love you Pauly-Wally-Doodle & Natalie-Wattaly-Dattly (I just made that up Nat...I think it works :)
You guys are too precious! The pictures are beautiful...I'm so proud of you two...can't wait to see how God is going to continue to use you both to show others His love!! I love you Pauly-Wally-Doodle & Natalie-Wattaly-Dattly (I just made that up Nat...I think it works :)
Post a Comment