Paul and I have been busy and so thankful to have my parents in country for a long visit. They arrived last Sunday morning and have been troopers ever since! This country is a lot to handle sometimes but they're doing great.
They brought us a few (by few I mean A LOT) of American goodies!!! We couldn't believe our
eyes. A few noteworthy items from the loot: Velveeta Shells & Cheese, Green Chile, Spitz sunflower seeds, cereal, and Twizzlers. These are just a few of the items that we are now enjoying. Our cupboards overfloweth with bounty-eth. :)
Last week, Mom was down sick for a few days so we've been doing our best to make up for the lost time. She claims the sickness was a fluke but I'm thinking she 'got sick' to avoid the crazy Taxi drivers for a few days...At any rate, she's much better now and we're having a blast!
Mom loves a dish here called "Tagine." It's basically like a beef stew with vegetables I guess. We went to this restaurant one of the first nights they were here in the old city wall - delish!
Here we are at the top of a major street in town. Pretty right?!
Last week, the weather was pretty warm - this week has been much cooler. It was perfect weather for sight-seeing so we stopped in to see this landmark in our city. Here's Mom & Dad posing by the door at the bottom of this half-built minaret.

Our neighbors invited us over for CousCous dinner last weekend - unfortunately, it was while Mom was sick but Dad sacrificed one for the team and ate her portion too :) Ok, not really, but it was delicious!
We had a couple of trips planned for last weekend but had to cancel them in lieu of Mom's sickness. However, tomorrow we will head out on a day trip to a city just south of here. We're excited! I can't believe they leave in just 4 days. Better go enjoy them!
1 comment:
Awwww! Looks like you guys are having fun! Is it my turn next???? I'm so glad they came to see you!
Post a Comment