Cairo made a friend at the park this month...and when I say park, I mean a square where children can run around on the cement and look at the raised planters of grass. It's Cairo's favorite place to play in the grass for sure! This particular day we ran into "Black" who was luckily very friendly and playful! Also, the cleaning crew took it upon themselves to clean up the palm trees in the area and took all their dignity as they stripped them bare...poor trees...
I turned 25 this month! It always takes me about 6 months to catch up to my real age as I forget that I have gotten older. If I respond with "24" when you ask how old I am, it's not because I'm trying to pass as being younger; I have simply forgotten that I've had a birthday. However, if you ask me in 10 years how old I am, the reasons may differ if my response is still "24."
We made a trip to the pork lady this month. I showed a fellow American where to find this beloved store that sells actual bacon and other pork products. This might be the one instance where Paul will actually admit that he's thankful for French people. I ventured out this time and purchased some of the pork sausage for Paul to try with his favorite: biscuits and gravy! This is the sausage - FULLY cooked. It was almost hard to eat because it was bright pink!
I wonder what the nice, French owner would say if she knew we call her "The Pork Lady"...
Valentine's Day was busy this year.
Paul began the day by joining our neighbor for his weekly bicycle ride. They rode about 30 km to a forrest and back. He enjoys this weekly ride and gets to see beautiful scenery along the way.
After our weekly Sunday meeting, we ran home for a short rest before joining some friends for a home cooked meal one last time before one of our friends heads back to America this weekend. Before dinner, Paul and I tried to be romantic and took Cairo for a walk to the beach so we could watch the sunset. Sadly, it was cloudy and all we saw was a small pink cloud...maybe next time!
These last couple of weeks have been pretty uneventful but we are looking forward to a visit from Kim and Josh! Can't wait!!!
2 comments:
Hi sweet friends!! I'm sad I missed your birthday. : ( But I promise I LOVE you!! Love the picture on the bike and the one of you together. So cute.
I know two other people who just bought tickets to come see you! I'm so jealous! : )
Tyra
Do they have turkey sausage or bacon? Kudos to Paul for attempting the biscuits and gravy, it's one of my favorites.
Post a Comment