Saturday, October 30, 2010

Let the Travels Begin



I found some pictures of our moving day on our camera. We had stacked all our furniture in the salon and waited for the moving truck to come. They arrived a little late but the 2 movers were SUPER fast! They had all of our stuff loaded within 45 minutes! It was crazy fast. Cairo
was a little freaked out. Then, because of her stressful morning, she needed a nap and found the only soft thing left in the house. Notice how she's right in the sun :)











We began our American travels this week! After spending some time in F-town with our parents, we traveled south to our college town to visit some friends. It's been a great (and BUSY!) weekend! We are staying with our friends Abe andJanelle and getting a chance to catch up with them. The boys had a long day helping fix breaks and air conditioners so they are wiped out tonight!



Here is a classic Nat and Janelle sillypicture. The sun was in our eyes Ok :) We went to a Zumba dance class this morning. It was super fun even though I couldn't do everything fully as there was a lot of bouncing around.








Yesterday, Janelle and I went with Paul's sister, Bethany, to pick up her wedding dress! It was fun to see her in it - can't wait for the wedding! Today, we went to her Bachelorette Party. We played lots of games and I won two of them - YESSSS!
















So far on our travels, Cairo has been introduced to many different dogs that we know. She's not great at playing with other dogs yet though. She didn't get to play with any dogs while we were overseas so she's been a little overwhelmed with all the dogs we know. She's starting to warm up to the idea a little bit but still gets a little nervous when they try to play with her. When there is a dog around, she is a little worried so she doesn't rest. Then she gets REAL tired and sleeps a lot. Here she is hiding under our friend's table. I think she was taking shelter from the other dogs.
She also takes it upon herself to get
comfy wherever she is. We found her on Abe and Janelle's bed tonight. What a spoiled puppy!










One last picture: this is mostly for my sisters and anyone who remembers this tree. My sisters purchased this palm tree when they moved down here for college. Well, one day when I moved into the apartment a few years later, the tree broke and Kim was sad. So, Boy Scout Paul rigged it up so that it would grow back together. It was kind of an experiment but it totally worked. It grew a little sideways but he still saved it. Then, when Paul and I moved to NA several years after that, we gave it to Abe and Janelle to care for and love. They planted it in their yard - we were SO surprised to see that this little guy was still living. It has had quite the life and is still kickin'!


Baby Girl Evs Update:
We had our first baby doctor appointment in America this week! It was a little overwhelming how much paperwork there was. I had forgotten how thorough American medicine was! They gave us so much information to read through. The doctor is super sweet so I think it'll be good. She was happy with my prenatal care overseas and only wanted one extra blood test that we hadn't gotten yet.

We are now 29 weeks along and measuring right on schedule. I still feel pretty good so far - just getting big for sure! I have begun feeling the baby kick around all day, even when I'm standing and walking which is a new development. Also, I have been feeling her hiccup for a while now but just recently put it together.

She is now around 3 pounds and 17 inches long. She is getting close to her birth length but still has some pounds to pack on, more than doubling in weight in the next few weeks! I hope I don't do the same :)

(PS. The sticker is from the shower this evening)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am SO glad to hear about the little tree! I can't believe it's still alive! So cute! Way to go Abe and Janelle...and Paul all those years ago bandaging it with popsicle sticks and string. :) That little tree has been through a lot!
Your belly pic was pretty cute too. hehehe Good update.
Now get here quick! i need to see you!

Sherry said...

Poor little Cairo is culture shocking! I'm sorry I didn't get to see her when you guys were down here but it will be a good excuse for me to come see y'all sometime! :) Incidentally, you are way too cute Nat!

Anonymous said...

I still love this blog even though I get to see and hug you guys almost any time I want. Plus you let me see Beth too. :) Fun times.

Clint and Jo said...

Ditto, Kim! That tree was a cu-tieee. Glad to see it's still kickin'...but a little sad to remember my roomie days with the Schurman girls...*sniff*. Loved those days! Can't wait to see you guys soon!