Thursday, October 7, 2010

*Road Trip*

We've been so busy these last two weeks! I can't believe it's only 2 more weeks until we land in America.


Aside from packing, Paul and I have been traveling our country, to see some sights and people before we head back. I traveled south to stay with a
family at the beginning of last week. I had a great time playing with their 3 girls and touring their city. Thanks for a great 2 days H & B!












Shortly after returning, Paul and I traveled north to re-visit a city we loved. It is so pretty up there so we wanted to see it again. The city reminds us of San Francisco (although, we've never been there...just from movies I guess) because it was built on hills - so different from our flat concrete jungle! We also loved seeing all the PARKS with GRASS and play areas for kids! That is one thing our city is lacking for sure! We returned to our city a few days later on Paul's birthday!
That's right, folks: Paul is 27 now! Since we were traveling on his birthday, we waited to celebrate until the next day. I made his favorite breakfast - biscuits and gravy - and then made him a cake. This is the result of trying to use up American goodies while decorating a cake - Nerds, Sweetart Chewies, & Funfetti icing. Delicious...and sweet!

Here's a cultural photo for you. I'm not sure how well you'll be able to see what's going on but
we were quite entertained (and scared) at the cafe on Thursday. These 3 men were working on the building across the street - possibly painting but we never saw them actually do anything. They got out this old, rickety wooden ladder to scale the building. I was scared enough for them to get on it because it was bowing in the middle as the worker climbed it. THEN, they added a second ladder that looked worse than the first so they could get higher on the building. I for sure thought the guy was going to die. We didn't see them finish their project but I sure hope they all survived the day!







Baby Girl Evs:

We had another appointment with the doctor last Friday. Everything was still progressing well and Baby Girl is healthy and growing. She's been very active lately (usually at 4 AM...) which has been fun. She is up to a weight of 1.67 pounds! She was still being shy and kept her face covered with her hands. We've yet to see her face and can't wait to see it for real in January. However, we do know that she has 10 fingers and 10 toes! We are 26 weeks along now (24.5 in the picture) with only 14 to go - time is flying by!

Baby Girl (she really needs a name!) is now able to open her eyes - though there's not much to see in there! They've been closed up until now so the retina could develop. The irises (colored part) still don't have much pigmentation and may not show her true color until months after she is born. Her brain wave activity is also starting up this week which means that she is responding more to noises or pokes. It's fun to poke at my belly and get the return kick - too cute!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm too excited for words!!!!
Thank you for ALL the posts and pictures but "in person" is going to feel sooooo gooooood. :)

LH&P, Mom