Thursday, November 10, 2011

The "Turtle Pen"

Since our little gal became mobile so early, we thought it was time to bring out the baby gate to create a little play pen for her.


Really I think it's more for me, though, as my days were becoming more filled with wrangling Brooklynn than cleaning or doing laundry. My biggest worry right now is not that she'll get into something while I'm doing things around the house but that she'll try to follow me out of the room and get on the hard-wood floors. She still thinks she's bigger than she is and falls if she gets going too fast or gets too excited. So, we try to keep her on the cushy living room rug. 

This is our solution for now. 

Paul named it the "Turtle Pen" because he put her in there for the first time with her Little Einstein's Turtle & stuffed 'Foolish Tortoise' and told her to get in the turtle pen. She seems to like it...if we're in there with her...even usually if we're in the same room. But once she realizes that I'm going to leave for 30 seconds, all bets are off. 

(Paul was giving her grapes :). )

She's so pitiful sometimes that you'd think she were in the State Pen wearing an orange jumpsuit...



But hopefully she'll get used to it because it allows me to get a few things done without her 'help.' 

And don't worry, it's not as bad as she makes it sound. I talk to her the whole time she's in there and peek my head in every minute or two to be sure she's still safe :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Don't worry Brookie, your cousin Luke has a matching pen! And don't think I won't use it as soon as he figures out how to get movin'...which I think is coming quite soon!
She does make it look quite pitiful with that sad face! :) I love the grapes picture. "Don't feed the animals!" So cute. Love.