November 7-13, 2011
TEN Months Old :)
-That's right, folks: Brooklynn is 10 months old today! Time flies but we're enjoying every minute of it!!!
-Brooklynn is continually working on new sounds and voice volumes. I'm certain she gets louder by the day!
-She learned to whine this week and has been practicing for the future when she can use it as a weapon against us. For now, she just randomly practices with no meaning attached.
-She has also learned to growl. As she motors around our living room, she growls and growls sometimes.
-She successfully found her ears and knows what to do when we say "where are your ears."
-We've been trying to teach Brook how to sign 'please' for a while now. For weeks we've shown her and helped her do it herself. Paul finally connected the dots this week that she's actually been saying it for a while now - we just didn't realize it. Every time she ate, she would rub her nose. I noticed this but didn't give it much thought. Then, I asked Paul if he thought she was allergic to wheat or something because she does it so often. He then put it together that she was trying to say please - which would explain why she was getting frustrated at us. She's been saying please - I'm certain she's a genius :)
-We've been trying to teach Brook how to sign 'please' for a while now. For weeks we've shown her and helped her do it herself. Paul finally connected the dots this week that she's actually been saying it for a while now - we just didn't realize it. Every time she ate, she would rub her nose. I noticed this but didn't give it much thought. Then, I asked Paul if he thought she was allergic to wheat or something because she does it so often. He then put it together that she was trying to say please - which would explain why she was getting frustrated at us. She's been saying please - I'm certain she's a genius :)
-The biggest trick of the week: going from belly to sitting!!! As you may know, Brook skipped the traditional crawling stage, preferring to walk and army crawl instead, skipping the 'belly to sitting' stage as well. But, this weekend she has mastered the skill, proving it multiple times in the living room....as well as in the crib - oh dear! (She has amazingly not pulled up to standing in her crib -yet-; mostly because she's in her blanket sleeper and because she couldn't get to sitting. I think we're in for it now...)
Here is a short video to wrap up what she did this week (the last clip is what Paul calls 'running' - he does this often and has done it for months. I still think it's hilarious and she usually laughs right along with me! Also, it's always a mystery what she's going to be wearing when I send him in to get her ready for bed. :)
(Also, she was quite grumpy today when I took these videos. Sundays throw a girl off schedule!)
2 comments:
latSitting down is hard work!!!! I love it!!! She is learning fast.
LOVE IT! Awesome compilation video! :) My favorite is "Where are your ears?" Too cute! Love that little girl. She's got some skills!
That sign language interpretation is hard sometimes! Luke's "all done" and "hi" look nearly identical. Toward the end of a meal, I can't decide if he's stuffed or just being friendly! :) Good job on figuring out Brook's "please". She's probably thinking, "I finally taught them how to say please in sign language! I've been working with them on it for weeks!" ha!
Post a Comment