Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Week with Brooklynn

Since Brooklynn is starting to become VERY active and learn at an incredible rate, I decided to update our readers weekly with the new things she does every week, along with other random posts from our lives. Don't worry, I won't get too detailed but I thought it would be a good way to keep the Grands, Aunts, Uncles & Friends up to date with her progress. This first one may be a little longer as I back track a bit to fill in some gaps. I think she's pretty smart...but I am her mother ;)

Week of October 31-November 6:
Nine and a half months old

- Brooklynn is finding all sorts of new volumes of her voice - she can be quite loud

- In addition to "Ba", "Da", and "Ma", she now says "Na" and "Ni". When I tell her it's time to go "Nite Nite", she responds with a very sweet "Ni Ni".

- She LOVES to give people kisses and while it's cute, not every person we encounter needs or even wants a Brookie kiss (how could you not though...). Thankfully, she has mastered the art of blowing kisses this week. Sometimes she forgets to 'let them fly' but she gets it for the most part.

- She is continuing to get stronger and more proficient at walking (did I mention on here that she walks now...unassisted...at 9 months? Check out the video below from a few weeks ago). She's very busy and does so well at walking but this week she has started bending over to pick stuff up from the floor and then keep on truckin'.

- I've been putting her on the potty for a few months now, just to get her used to sitting up there. She now consistently uses the toilet for her business when I sit her down. I haven't changed a poopy diaper in weeks because I catch her just before she needs to go. This week, she has peed immediately when I put her on the potty and goes number 2 when she needs to.

- I think we are officially done with the swing! Brooklynn is good at sleeping her in bed at night but loathes the crib at nap time! She cherished her time in the swing - but this week, she didn't love it. She took all of her naps in her crib or the pak-n-play at work! I think it's time to retire the swing...and the D batteries that go along with it :)


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Can't believe what a good little cruiser she is! Who would have thought those little feet could hold that girl up! :) I want to see her walking. That cracks me up. Little munchkin.
Who wouldn't want a Brooklynn kiss? Tell her to save some for her Aunt Kimmie.
LOVE you!